Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Famous Last Words

A little over a year and a half ago, I climbed Mt. Rainier. For those of you who didn't read about THAT experience, you can check out the blogs here and here. Or for the short version, check out the video here.

The day I got home, Cow asked me how the trip was. I replied, "It was the trip of a lifetime. So cool. That being said, in about 6 months I will probably start talking about how I want to do this shit again. Do NOT let me do it, Cow. Do not. Under no circumstances are you to let me agree to do any sort of hiking 'vacation' again."

Whelp it took longer than 6 months, but I have reached that point I knew I would. That same point I imagine women who have had babies reach. That point where you forget all the pain of childbirth and want to do that shit again.



Yes, I did just compare climbing Mt. Rainier to child birth. I know that eventually THOSE words will come back to bite me in the ass too, but for now, it's the only comparison I can think to make.

I have put my first payment down, purchased plane tickets, and fully committed to...drumroll please....


This.













Also known as KJ.













Or just Kilimanjaro.













The countdown begins now people - 177 days from today, on Friday Aug. 30th I depart on another trip of a lifetime.

Now I didn't let all of the lessons I had learned from doing Mt. Rainier escape me. This time I demanded I actually get some sort of awesome vacation out of my brother's crazy desire to kill us both (sorry Mom....)

The first week we will be schlepping it up all 19,341 ft of Africa's tallest peak...but the SECOND week, we will be safari-ing it up through Tanzania.

We got our itineraries in the mail and I promptly skipped over all 13 pages worth of boring climbing information, and went straight to the good stuff...like WHEN DO I GET TO SEE A HIPPOPOTAMUS?!


I also demanded that the next adventure we go on not require any purchase from REI, 4 months of training, or crampons.



Other random news:

 Please see an email I received from a member of my account team today:

" Great stuff Kelly. Not only do you rock spandex, blogs and shananignans, you take hold of a careening, out of control situation such as this meeting and you make it your bitch.

 Applause.

 Gentle Applause. "

My response:
 
 
And also, some of you may be aware that I have a very real obsession with R Kelly's classic hit, Remix To Ignition. It was my college anthem. Roughly 65% of the voicemails I have saved on my phone are from various people calling me between the hours of 1AM and 3AM to sing (scream) this song at me. All this to say, when I discovered THIS, I did a very real party dance. Read it, sign it, love it.

Happy Hump day people.

No comments:

Post a Comment