Monday, February 4, 2013

Prom Pics and Russia

Happy Monday morning people. To start your day off right, let's play a game. It's called spot Kelly's prom dress. Good luck! I've been looking for it since 2005.



In other news - please read the email exchange my dad and I had this week:

Dad: I got your immunization records out of the safety deposit box. To retrieve them from me you must sign a document of receipt which I will place in the safety deposit box so that you cannot accuse your Mom or I of losing them later – (think Social Security card).
 
Me: I don’t think I ever lost the social security card. I think you guys adopted me from another country and I am not a legal citizen and therefore do not have one.

Dad:
It is very hard for your Mother and I to accept that after all of these years that you have stumbled onto the truth. It is however remarkable that none of our neighbors, friends or relations have never slipped up and provided a hint. The truth is we adopted you from Russia. Your birth name was Vladlena Artemieva (Lena for short) and you were born in Grozny, Chechnya. Your Father was a Russian dissident that was sent to a Gulag in Siberia shortly before your birth. You Mother was training as an Olympic gymnast before she fell while attempting a triple flip off of the uneven bars (somewhat explains you natural athleticism abilities). She was so distressed that she decided to send you to an orphanage and join her husband at the Gulag.
 We made the decision to adopt our second child after the rather disastrous results of the first pregnancy (Patrick….).
 Now that you know would you like us to help you find your birth parents in Russia? Would you like us to begin calling you Lena?
Me:
I KNEW IT! I always knew something was off. I will now move to Russia to discover my heritage.
Dad:
Your birth Mother’s first name was Nadia and your birth Father was Boris – maybe they are on the Russian version of Facebook!
 

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment